Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Deloitte dominates during the day Then hangs out after!

Current Employee - Tax in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Tax in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Deloitte will provides the opporotunity for people to grow within the field of accounting. They give you the flexibility for everyone to have a work life balance. Also, you are able to set your on times. If you want to come in late and stay late then that is ok or if you would rather come in early that is ok too. Upper management has confidence in you that you will get your work done and they wont stand over waiting for things to get completed. Deloitte Tax gives the opporotunity to work with clients directly even at an early position. Plus, there is always a happy hour going so its not all about hard work but Deloitte likes to have fun too.

Cons

Like any accounting firm, you are going to have to work a lot. Deloitte gives you plenty of vacation time so the time is there if you need, but during busy season it is busy. Deloitte has set goal hours that everyone has to meet weekly. I know in Houston is 55, but everyone is different. You wont get fired if you dont meet these hours, but they are simply a goal for everyone. Also, sometimes you are given last minute notice on an assignment, but that also goes along with working in a service industry. If the clients needs something Monday you have to get it to them on Monday. But, other then that I have enjoyed my time working with Deloitte and I believe the downsides are the things we take on with having a job.

My experience at Deloitte Senior Management has never really been too involved with the interns. This may be my only experience because I know several other interns have worked with senior managers. I think if they are a buddy to an intern or staff level then we could have a better outlook on the senior management roll because right now I am not exactly sure what the job requirements are for a senior manager

7426 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Personal "Review" of D&T

Current Employee - Audit Staff in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Audit Staff in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Young environment, willingness to learn and share knowledge, wonderful training programs

Cons

Long hours and sometimes, as a lower level auditor, you perform drone work without knowing the impact on the overall objective. while D&T is a huge company, the teams are small so it feels more like independent groups within a large organization.

My senior managers are all very knowledge people and I understand they are tied up with multiple jobs/responsbilities. However, they need to spend some time (maybe put aside 30mins each day) and approach the lower level staff to see how things are going. Show a bit more care and concern.

Deloitte is indeed one of the best places to launch a career.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Deloitte provides great opportunities to see various companies and various industries through the different projects that are available. There are also a lot of resources available for all sorts needs, from fitness reimbursements and subsidies, to an expansive knowledge sharing network. Deloitte also offers a lot of leadership opportunities and opportunities for business and personal growth. Management also tries their best to let us know what the situation of the firm is through emails and voicemails and sometimes through local gatherings. The young professionals at Deloitte are impressive as they are very hard-working, ambitious and friendly people. There are also many perks associated with working for Deloitte, such as flexible working arrangements, where someone may be able to work part-time if necessary, great firm initiatives, such as the various diversity initiatives and travel perks, such as accumulating hotel points, airline miles and credit card points all on the company's dime.

Cons

Depending on the project and the management team on the project, there are times when you'll be working a lot of hours and doing tasks that aren't very exciting but need to be done, such as documentation. If the manager of the project doesn't plan very well or handle issues before they get too big, the staff are usually the ones who suffer the most, since the work still needs to be done and they are the ones who must deliver. Sometimes you'll also be stuck in a situation where the partner wants one thing, and the client wants another, and you need to satisfy both. Depending on the manager, you may also not get recognized for the hard work you put forth on the project. Most managers are good at keeping morale high but there are always the few who do not.

Please plan the projects and resources for projects realistically so that staff are not being overworked and burnt out. When work cannot be completed because not enough time is allotted for the situation, this creates a lot of stress for staff and does not foster a positive working environment. Thank you for all the support you guys provide us and please remind us that we are appreciated from time to time.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte