Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
  www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Its ok. Company works you to death. The expectations are realistic however managers are not people oriented at all.

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good exposure to potential employers. I feel that auditors are pigeonholed however the contacts are great, and I can't wait to exploit exit opportunities

Cons

Long hours and terrible managers. The firm is moving in the right direction. I just feel like long term auditing is a tough gig

Be more supportive of senior managers

6599 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Federal Sector experiences

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are some amazingly smart people at Deloitte. It's a great place to get experience and learn from the best.

Cons

Work life balance isn't great but the biggest issue is once you're in, they don't compensate you well. They do start salaries off high but if you were part of an acquisition you're in trouble. They don't seem to care that it costs more to lose and replace a good employee than it does to compensate them well. Also, because it's an accounting driven member firm, leadership keeps things VERY close to the chest. As a Sr. Manager I had no clue what my direct reports made unless they told me. Radical changes happen without notice and I have no trust in the HR folks. I would never go to them with an issue because it's very clear that they are just there to protect their leaders.

To the upper management: Be more transparent and compensate your long-timers better.

Corporate suits steamrolling great creative work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits are excellent and salaries are seemingly very competitive.

Cons

Projects are overseen/sold by stodgy Deloitte corporate suits with no experience in digital. Upper level management has made little effort to introduce the parent company to this smaller counterpart and how best to work with creatives who have wide ranges of experience.

Treat people fairly instead of focusing on meeting your million dollar quotas. Developers, designers, and engineers are sometimes treated with little acknowledgement and respect by partners & principals from the parent company Deloitte who are bent on meeting their sales quotas, putting their kids through private school, and paying off their boats. This leads to poorly run projects that are run off "smoke & mirrors" instead of applying reasonable, lateral thinking and letting creatives excel at what they do best.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!