Deloitte

www.deloitte.com

Work hard, but get to experience some of the best minds in Industry.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Loads of development opportunity, decent pay and benefits, and typically great clients to work with.

Cons

Work/life balance tough as contribution to firm activities is on top of your typical full time job.

Other Reviews for Deloitte

Management Consultant

Former Employee - Management Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Management Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than a year

Pros

Experience, Money, Travel, Exposure, Analytics

Cons

Travel, Overwork, Stress, Huge learning curve

None

HR Problems

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

I enjoyed working with client service people, but I was offended by HR about S/PII handling.

Cons

After I completed an employee application form for my background check and I provided all of the information as the application agreement to contact former employers. The agreement stated that when my former employer is out of business, W-2 forms are requested and any data privacy and background check concerns, misstatement, and redress were encouraged to contact the perspective employer. D&T on-boarding team told me to submit a W-2 form to conduct a salary history check and this is under the corporate policy for new hires. W-2 forms contain a lot of S/PII more than the salary information and I consulted with the current newly hired D&T employees, but they never submitted a W-2 form besides the employment application form completion, which I did. My understanding is that D&T can conduct a salary check and whatever they wish from former employers upon the direct contact as a part of the background check like other companies. And all of my previous employers exist and available for the background check.
    After I had provided all of the information in the employment application form and urged D&T on-boarding team to contact the former employers to ask any question including the salary check, D&T on-boarding team told me that I was uncooperative to its request. I was very offended by their excess PII request beyond the employee application agreement.

Please consider to refrain from the excess S/PII collection from HR from new-hires. Why is the background form completion & agreement not enough? And please do not target the request to specific person. Thank you.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!