Terrible experience

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits, chance to meet and work with many smart people

Cons

Awful compensation, awful hours. The so called "life work balance" is non existent. Deloitte has one and one goal only: make money. Politics and favoritisms reign, and many PPDs are just useless. Very old style of doing business - from associate to senior managers, you are reminded every day on how replaceable you are and how deloitte is doing you a favor to give you a job. All this while you're on the road for 50-60 hrs per week.

Advice to Management

Avoid to hire PPDs that don't have consulting experience. Value and appreciate your employees instead of seeing them as a cost.

reviews filtered by

Worst company to work ever

Current Contractor - Software Developer in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Contractor - Software Developer in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Deloitte as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Atleast they don't ask us to strech working hrs for more than 60hrs/week

Cons

Treat their outside consultants as prisoners...Need to work minimum of 12-14 hrs/day for 8hrs pay. Inspite of working for more than 60hrs/week, managers wont' be satisfied.

Advice to Management

Please don't treat your employees/consultants as slaves and the money which you pay won't match their profile and effort. Please even think about their health and family when you are asking them to work for 60hrs/week for 40hrs pay.

AVA (Accounting, Valuation, and Analytics) should be called AR&R (Audit-Readiness & Reconciliations)

Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Some of the Consultants and Senior consultants are hard workers and clever.
    - I learned how to review work and gained a meticulous attention to detail.
    - I have learned a lot about audit-readiness and how to perform reconciliation work, as well as how to create airtight data import procedures and logs.
    - If you like audit-readiness work, I highly recommend this practice. People advance their career very quickly, and there are lots of opportunities to get involved due to the small size of the practice.

Cons

- My interviewers lied to me about the type of work and experience I would receive. I was told I would be doing mathematical analysis and have client interaction. So far I have experienced neither.
    - I do not know of a single analytics project that AVA leads. It is possible you might be loaned out to one. Everything AVA owns is audit work; matching records, sort/sum/average/frequency, rerunning programs to make sure they worked.
    - I have gained zero skills which are valuable outside of the audit-readiness industry
    - The bottom line is that if you want to do modeling, analytics, statistics, etc. this practice in Deloitte does not have it. If you like audit-readiness this is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Don't bring in statisticians to do reconciliation work. It hurts their career, and unhappy workers bring down morale. Bad for both parties.