Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
  www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Great company benefits, too little room to advance due to top heavy Partner / Director layer

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent medical, dental, disability and life insurance
Great opportunities to work at many different companies
International opportunties
Generous PTO

Cons

Top heavy partner / director layer with few opportunities to achieve this level
Diminishing rate per hour in Technology consulting. Not able to keep high rates due to loss of footprint to competitors offering lower cost alternatives to Deloitte
New hires are not the same caliber as prior years

6925 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Politics and throwing people under the bus, secret alliances = rewarded behavior.

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Big four, far more complexity than many opportunities. Many great people.
    They are doing their best.
    They are trying very hard to value their employees, they provide many activities and dump free food on their employees. The directors and partners have a great sense of humor, and are very human.
    Incredible level of integrity of many higher-ups.
    Emphasis on socializing and people are very friendly. I made many great connections that will last and that will surely prove invaluable.

Cons

Big push to use India. Versus E&Y & PWC I am told Deloitte Tax is trying to win by digging deeper and deeper into India. Seniors do not have time to teach. I was brought on as an experienced hire, previously a manager at an exceptional two man shop (ie billionaire individual and hedge fund client with $30MM in ordinary income.) I did not bounce when I hit the ground.

Staff: lay low, be quiet, work 12-16 hours per day, bill 8 hours. Coming from a small firm I was naive and billed out all my hours, in training they said not to worry about it. Worry a lot! This might be specific to Deloitte Tax. Some departments might be different. I don't know for certain. If people hear you have missed a budget, it can spread like wildfire across the entire department, and your days are numbered.

Highly political, many secret alliances with a director and manager in my group targeting certain people.

I was told to stop being difficult and to do whatever I was told. Senior on a project made mistakes, and I left them in as I was told to, I got fried.

I don't know, there are so many great people, but at Deloitte tax it seems like the dog is wagging the tail, and they are just cutting costs to win because they cannot compete with E&Y & PWC on quality.

Associate V

I have been working at Deloitte full-time

Pros

Just good signing bonus , good place only for Consulting

Cons

If you are in associate level you are like slaves....don't come with expectation that you are going to be working for 40 hours...50 hours noooooo minimum 65+ hours...don't imagine you will be getting paid...all what u will get is utilization ...which is factor in year end evaluation...but no use..if somebody who has 100% utilization(no tech guys will have...all will be 130+) and got some office initiative he/she is a star.
    This place is filled with people on H1b visa...senior manager thinks that life of associates is the property of managers....
    I don't know how Deloitte got into best place to work ....we never get to answer them....
    Regarding office ---4 toilets for 600+ folks...Even toilets in theaters and airports are better than this...at least have good circulation. No fun @ work....

Guys if you are going to associates aligned to Camp Hill center..please have a second thought

Please consider the associates are also human beings....even if you are not ready to pay for overtime at least give them weekends to spend with family...

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte