Deloitte

www.deloitte.com

2.5 years Sr. Consultant at Deloitte

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  McLean, VA
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

Pros

1- Name / brand
2- Training even though Deloitte University (DU) leadership center/training is sooooo over-rated. Rooms are first class food is good and plenty.

Cons

1- Deloitte hires experienced and qualified people into a lower level than other big 4s
2- Deloitte benefits are great but good luck using all your PTO without being penalized by year end. Work-life balance is bad. You have to work at least 45+ hours a week to meet your targeted work hours. This does not include other internal Firm work.
3- Deloitte pay is low compared to industry and considering the other non-client/ Firm contributions such as proposal work you have to do and trainings you have to give
4- Career growth is very slow and is basically based on if they 'like' you or don't 'like' you. It's not based on your actual work and experience.
5- Performance reviews are based on 'quota' set for each project. That is how many will receive a 2, 3,4, or 5 rating at the end of the year. Performance reviews are top-down and not based on a 360 review which I believe is not fair.
6- You pay for commuting to client-site while on a project. My commute on some projects cost me over $575 a month which are non-expensable/re-reimbursable
7- Politics as it is in almost all other organizations/corporations
8- You're assigned on projects based on who you know and not what you know. I was lucky I never sat on the bench/beach but that I believe is unfair.

1- Review the performance review process
2- Review compensation structure and package
3- Allow bottum-up sharing of ideas and be open to ideas

Other reviews for Deloitte

Interesting opportunities to build your resume, but time machismo is an issue

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

* Consistently named as a best place to launch your career (Newsweek)
    * Unique benefits like a fitness subsidy
    * Great colleagues
    * Brand recognition
    * Great training opportunities

Cons

Time machismo is an issue. Although we win awards for work/life balance programs, these programs are rarely implemented as intended. An example is Mass Career Customization, which was discontinued due to it not working well. Employees found that managers could not always deliver on the desired work profile (from home, ramped up to rev up promotion horizon, ramped down to meet family needs, etc.) due to client needs not meshing with employee desires.

Not bNotNot a

Pros

GREAT place to start right out of college.

Cons

You are only "kinda in charge of your career path" but they advertise it that you do completely. I have realized through applying for other jobs that the pay is not equivalent to my skills and experience.

Give more real opportunities, more training, more recognition to the little guys who are in the trenches daily.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!