There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Great people, no concept of work-life balance

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Company if filled with smart, genuine people - Like peers, compensation is very generous (if you don't do the hourly math)

Cons

- As a junior-mid level staff, client work (and subsequently career trajectory) is highly luck dependent - There is really no concept of work-life balance; you need to eat, sleep, breathe Deloitte (and be happy doing so) to succeed - Performance management has become somewhat de-humanized to account for size of organization

Advice to Management

Spend as much energy retaining staff/supporting new hires as you do attracting them to the firm

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

2.5 years Sr. Consultant at Deloitte

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1- Name / brand 2- Training even though Deloitte University (DU) leadership center/training is sooooo over-rated. Rooms are first class food is good and plenty.

Cons

1- Deloitte hires experienced and qualified people into a lower level than other big 4s 2- Deloitte benefits are great but good luck using all your PTO without being penalized by year end. Work-life balance is bad. You have to work at least 45+ hours a week to meet your targeted work hours. This does not include other internal Firm work. 3- Deloitte pay is low compared to industry and considering the other non-client/ Firm contributions such as proposal work you have to do and trainings you have to give 4- Career growth is very slow and is basically based on if they 'like' you or don't 'like' you. It's not based on your actual work and experience. 5- Performance reviews are based on 'quota' set for each project. That is how many will receive a 2, 3,4, or 5 rating at the end of the year. Performance reviews are top-down and not based on a 360 review which I believe is not fair. 6- You pay for commuting to client-site while on a project. My commute on some projects cost me over $575 a month which are non-expensable/re-reimbursable 7- Politics as it is in almost all other organizations/corporations 8- You're assigned on projects based on who you know and not what you know. I was lucky I never sat on the bench/beach but that I believe is unfair.

Advice to Management

1- Review the performance review process 2- Review compensation structure and package 3- Allow bottum-up sharing of ideas and be open to ideas

2. I liked my experience in Deloitte

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked my experience in Deloitte

Cons

I liked my experience in Deloitte but i didn't get paid enough

Advice to Management

I liked my experience in Deloitte