Great Career Growth Learning and Opportunities

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Counseling Methodology. Performance base reviews. Have the ability to choose the work-life balance you want most of the time.

Cons

Experience with Deloitte is based on the client you are with. Clients can impact your happiness rating with your job.

Advice to Management

Make sure leadership continues to train consistent and effective leadership with an aggressive growth strategy.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great and talented people collaborating together on interesting projects.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time

Pros

As a consultant, I've had the opportunity to work with great team members, on exciting projects, with very high profile clients. The project and client work I've done has varied and I've had the opportunities to move to different projects. Within each new project, there's new technologies and we are given the support needed to ramp-up and contribute immediately.

The work environment and studio life are very laid back. I worked in start-ups for years and the culture within the studios are very similar. Everyone's friendly, there's a lot of studio parties and happy hour meet-ups after work.

Cons

In the end we're consultants, hired by clients to do specific work. Because of this, the work and projects vary. It's important to contribute and succeed on projects. It can be stressful, but given the solid team work and team chemistry it's easy to achieve.

The concept of "the bench" can be negative. If people can innovate from there and aren't negatively impacted, it can have a positive twist.

Advice to Management

Give solid direction for the (studios) and we shouldn't be afraid to push the boundaries of new technology. In the end, we consultants who work for clients, but should always be pushing ahead.

Give more insight into pipeline, proposals and/or pursuits. It'll give people a chance to get excited about the future and encourage them to get involved in any way possible.

2. Supportive environment but be ready to work your tail off

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great, collaborative people and competitive post-MBA pay. Opportunities for career advancement when you're networked correctly.

Cons

Long hours, sometimes at the mercy of clients with senior leaders who don't push back/scope appropriately, clique-y environments in certain regions/offices. Compensation not tied closely to promotions or levels (no significant bumps when promoted).

Advice to Management

Invest in development as the individual level - actually listen to what individual employees want