Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
  www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Great people, quick paced, corporate culture

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- People: There are a lot of smart and personable people in the firm, from the analysts to the senior managers. I worked in consulting and almost everyone was great with clients as well as a great team member.

Cons

- Corporate Culture: Like any other big company, there are politics in the firm. If you want to work with different teams, often you have to network your own way onto those projects.

Encourage your team to bill the hours they actually work. It helps to voice this once in a while.

6970 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

good accounting firm

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

hardworking teammates
    international firm with global ideas, but very localized.

Cons

i was working with a underperforming client, which didnt feel the prestige of working at a global leading firm

Great Internship Experience

Former Employee - Tax Intern in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Tax Intern in Miami, FL

I worked at Deloitte full-time (less than an year)

Pros

1. As an intern, the corporate treatment was great. The pay was fantastic at $22/hr. and I felt like all the full-time CPAs were my peers even as a lowly undergraduate student intern.

2. The environment was very stable for a corporate job. Tax accounting is certainly not investment banking, but with the big clients Deloitte has, it's not as crazy as it can be. Although I was just a summer intern (non-busy season) and I heard busy season gets hectic. Still, stable employment and good first-year pay (around $53,000).

Cons

1. I didn't like a service job, at least in tax. It was interesting learning about different tax entities and how professionals approach their clients based on their tax needs, i.e. tax structure, but I never felt like I was a part of the company. I just felt like myself and all my coworkers were just taking advantage of the tax business because of the demand taxes play in the corporate world.

2. I wasn't too crazy about the people. They all seemed to complain a little too much about how un-fresh their salads were everyday from the same places they always order lunch. I guess when your job is secure, you need something to complain about.

3. I didn't get a good feel for management. There was no sense of teamwork, but just of "have you done your job yet?". I didn't even meet all the people in my office until about the sixth week on the job.

Don't be afraid to relate to your younger, less knowledgeable peers.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte