World-Class Traning and Tax Knowledge

Current Employee - Tax Consultant I in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Tax Consultant I in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you haven't heard of Deloitte U, do a quick Google search and check it out. It's an amazing training facility for Deloitte employees located just outside of Dallas/Fort-Worth. This facility demonstrated Deloitte's commitment to raising up world class leaders and audit and tax professionals. Within my group at Deloitte, I get a lot of support and training, and am very happy with how much I've learned in such a short amount of time.

Cons

As with an Big 4 firm, we work a lot of hours in busy season, but we make up for it in non-busy season months. Just book your PTO and use it!

Advice to Management

Take time to say hello to staff as you walk around the office. Get to know them and see what they have to add to the company. There are so many great employees with great ideas and just need someone to ask them what they are.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good Company to start a career if you are a citizen or GC owner.

Current Employee - ERS Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - ERS Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very Global. I ended up working in multiple European countries in 5 years for projects. Very structured. Market leader and continuous to grow. Great People and culture.

Cons

How they deal immigration is not world class and doesn't fit Deloitte. They are very good with H1B visas but in terms of greencard applications, they have strict rules and they only sponsor you for EB3 greencard unless you are a Sr. Manager or up! Not ideal place to work for immigrants with Master degrees if they want to get a fast greencard. Pay is not fair for the most part if you start right after college. People who joins from industry makes a lot more than you regardless of your performance.

Advice to Management

Pay more fairly based on performance not based on previous base salary. Get rid of the immigration disadvantage you built to yourself due to poor immigration policy. Continue doing a good job leading the market.

Not what I expected

Current Employee - Business Technology Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Business Technology Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

40-45 hour work week, extremely impressive colleagues, great salary when compared with other entry level consulting firms, Deloitte's reputation provides great career prospects as well as job security.

Cons

Mediocre benefits (do not fit with the rest of Deloitte's compensation package), Government leads can be miserable at times, competition for promotion is extremely competitive.