Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
  www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

As others say, a fantastic place to launch a career

Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are many opportunities to create a strong network that can assist you further in your career.

It is a large firm, and there are many smart, talented, and dedicated individuals with whom you may have the pleasure of working.

The compensation and benefits are very strong for people coming right out of college.

If your luck is with you, you may be staffed on a project that really allows you to shine.

Cons

It is a large firm and there are not always smart, talented, or dedicated individuals with whom to work.

If your luck is not with you, you may be staffed on a project where you toil in mediocrity. I've seen many people (analysts/consultants) placed on projects not at all suited to their skills or with poor management.

It seems that a lot of your success rides on getting a good project with already-successful management that will support you and take you under their wing.

Attrition is high, but I suppose that is expected with any large firm. I don't know for sure, as this was my first job out of college.

Work-life balance is difficult, as utilization expectations are high and internal firm contributions are essentially mandatory, independent of client work. This can tip a person well over 2080 hours actually worked each year.

Be more realistic when telling staff about horizontal mobility and the ability to drive their own career. In writing and training, staff are told that they may choose to experience different industries, skill sets, etc without difficulty. In practice, staff are placed on projects and expected to remain as long as they are needed. This causes people to feel like cogs in another big machine.

6948 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

GregGreat Firm

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Provided great one on one training

Cons

At times had very unreasonably long hours for interns

Good/bad depending on who you know

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

consistent annual increases especially in current economic times
    small but consiistent bonuses
    great work/life balance
    nice vacation plan

Cons

external education money like pulling teeth depending who you are
    promotions dependent on who vs what you know

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte