There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Nice experience, but don't calculate your hourly pay (It's depressing)

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice travel experience, Really enjoyed my project teams, pay outs for unused PTO when you leave. Work/life balance is more of a topic to discuss then something to actually take action on.

Cons

While I did enjoy the travel, you are at your client's mercy (I was traveling 6 days/week). The base salary sounds phenomenal for a first full-time position, but when you divide the pay by the hours worked (not to mention, when you find out your billable rate!!), then you're barely making minimum wage. Deloitte will let you work 24hrs a day if you let them.

Advice to Management

Continue to challenge your employees, but remember that we all had to start somewhere.

reviews filtered by
  1. Always learning

Former Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Opportunities and exposure to different types of projects

Cons

Long hours and busy seasons

2. Would not recommend Chicago's ERS Advisory

Current Employee - ERS Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - ERS Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

+Recent quality push with new methodologies and technologies is the right thing to do
    +Ability to hire very strong recruits, which leads to very capable team members
    +Most people I work with (Consultants - Senior Managers) are nice but stressed
    +Large well known clients leading to "Big 4" exposure

Cons

-Partners like to say that "you own your career", which I do tend to agree, but they take it to the extreme and in effect are saying "this is your problem - fix it yourself"
    -Unsustainable model, especially for the Assurance teams (FSICA, IAT, SOC) that test controls. Non-stop new guidances and new requirements, but the budget stays the same and there are not enough Senior Consultants or Consultants to support the workload
    -Unwilling to entertain requests to move to other practices within Deloitte. Partners are offended when you express the interest to move to other market offerings and makes it as difficult for you to achieve your goals as possible, since it's all about them.
    -Performance management culture (called "consensus meetings") tends to beat people down and as opposed to bring people up
    -Politics

Advice to Management

Listen to your people

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte