Deloitte

www.deloitte.com

No guidance for development

Tax (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsYou will touch a lot of different types of projects, ranging from individuals up to provision and consulting/proposals. They are always bringing new clients in so you always stay busy. If you find an advocate at the senior manager/ partner level then you will always get their work for better or worse.

ConsOutside of a couple senior managers, management is either distant, don't know the answers to your questions, or unwilling to guide you. This means the role of manager, detail reviewer, substantive reviewer, and a lot of the times preparation falls on you. Which with the high turnover, most of my engagements were brand new to me. Turnover in experienced staff is and seniors is very high so no one below you is ever on the engagement for two years in a row. Unless it is a staff from India which you will essentially be preparing the project yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp your seniors out. Don't make them manage a project when they are new on the engagement and have no team under them. And don't disappear for days because they are going to have questions. Also one word emails are never the best answer.

Managers do not make you feel valuable...

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than a year

Pros: Health and Fitness Benefits, work locations are near the metro Cons: The process for finding the next project, managers listening to Sr. Consultants… Advice to Senior Management: Managers should try listening to those lower ranking, Sr. Managers typically take Managers advice as the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Deloitte has some great pros but cons as well

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: There are good benefits and very talented people to work with. The salaries are, to the best of my knowledge, within the current market.… Cons: There is a good share of red tape to work through. Often there is a disconnect between management over different teams which has a… Advice to Senior Management: Employee loyalty is needed. Jobs are shipped "elsewhere" whenever… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Deloitte.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!