Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Has its ups and downs; but, all in all, a great place to be.

Current Employee - ERS Manager in Wilton, CT
Current Employee - ERS Manager in Wilton, CT

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Favorite aspects of Deloitte:

1) Autonomy - Deloitte is a place where you can thrive ... starting on day one! You can build a positive reputation, and you can become a "go to" person for the firm.

2) Options - Say you don't like what you are doing. No problem! Deloitte is kind of like Baskin Robbins ... plenty of flavors to try (until you find the one that is perfect for you).

3) Smart, driven individuals - don't get me wrong. We have some of "those" people; but, all in all, we have a very talented, driven group of individuals. Steer clear of "those" people, and you'll be just fine.

4) Dedication to training - Deloitte University, need I say more? If you haven't hear of it, check it out... (Google it!)

Cons

Least favorite aspects of Deloitte:

1) Time sheets - they've always driven me crazy. But, hey, that's how we get paid ... so, I'll endure.

2) Focus on tenure - sometimes, tenure gets in the way of meritocracy. That bugs me, and probably always will. But, overall, if you are sharp, you'll get your chance.

3) The pay - I could easily make more working for another company. But, I have SO MUCH flexibility with my job ... pretty decent trade off. (Hard to beat cold hard cash though...)

Don't be caught up in how long someone has been with the firm. Let meritocracy rule the day. And pay us better :-)

7421 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Amazing people and amazing culture

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, great culture, great work.

Cons

Mediocre pay, long hours some times.

Think in the long term, don't go after heavylifting work, improve your strategy business for a better brand. Great management and leadership in place already!

Solid company that is on the rise

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

Hard hours from Monday - Thursday but amazingly fun times back at the home office on Fridays -- lots of career development workshops and networking opportunities, as well as just time to hang out and see your colleagues that have been gone for the entire week. Seems like Deloitte was making big changes in culture (for the good) as a result of the Monitor acquisition.

Cons

The majority of people are excellent -- smart, fun, and easygoing -- but there are definitely some that turned out to be poor managers. Didn't personally encounter any terrible situations but have heard horror stories from colleagues in other offices. Additionally, the travel does wear on you over time!

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte