There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Dynamic environment, great people, excellent experience!

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity to own your career and do many different things. Strong teaming culture. Great development opportunities. Working with so many intelligent and driven people increases everyone's performance overall. Deloitte University.

Cons

The firm has lost some of the 'entreprenurial spirit' it used to have, since it has grown so large.
You get a smartphone, they pay for it, but you pay for it in 24/7 expected access, even when on vacation. There really is no backup plan or anyone to cover for you when you are on vacation.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with our compensation strategy. Be more honest with new hires about how much travel is required and the hours required. Fix the performance evaluation process.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to start your career but work-life balance is weak.

Current Employee - Audit Senior in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Audit Senior in McLean, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to start your career, great company culture (e.g. most of your coworkers are younger and like-minded). Within three years, my career earning potential outside of public accounting has doubled.

Cons

Busy season can be nightmarish depending on the client (i.e. > 90 hours some weeks). With PCAOB to blame, we spend considerable amount of time documenting controls and other matters that adds very little value to the client and increases our work hours.

Advice to Management

Reward the high performers with early promotions and better raises.

2. Well run company

Former Employee - Specialist Track in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Specialist Track in Washington, DC

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Be prepared to be continuously trained and challenged. Busy environment. Exciting work sites. Travel if you want. Wide range of benefits. Nice corporate offices. Excellent Enterprise Social network.

Cons

Awful performance review system, employees rate each other and some have hang-ups. Don't have a bad year or you're out. Engagements may only last a few months. Company is always the highest bidder.