Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
  www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Good overall experience, but it was not without it's obstacles

Current Employee - Specialist Master in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Specialist Master in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I found the consulting world great and the access to education and activities outstanding. The overall challenge was great

Cons

The major issue is that there was a lot of red tape around you as your career growth. Also, I think the way you start the project search needs to be completely reworked.

A revamp of the model of how things get done from an individual perspective needs to be addressed as well as looking at the group.

6970 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

"Great Career Starter"

I worked at Deloitte full-time

Pros

If you begin a career at Deloitte, you can pretty much write your own ticket if you decide to leave in a few years. You get exposure to the full gamut of public accounting in just about any industry you can think of. It's a fast paced learning environment, so you are rarely ever bored. Career promotion and progression has a pretty standard, linear structure. The resources of Deloitte as a whole offer varying opportunities to travel both domestically and abroad. Who doesn't love that!

Cons

The hours during busy season really are as bad as they say they are. Compensation at the starter level isn't as competitive as you would expect for a Big Four firm. You work yourself to the bone for what seems like minimum wage once you factor in all of your overtime hours with your static salary. Diversity wasn't as celebrated as I would have expected.

Great experience and salary

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great mentorship and leadership programs

Cons

No work life balance and quality of life

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte