Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Good corporate culture, with a lot of employee learning and development focus but too many managers

Current Employee - Manager in Princeton, NJ
Current Employee - Manager in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Strong learning and coaching culture
- A very valuable brand name in Client Services, Finance, Tax, IT and consulting industries.
- Average and sometimes competitive compensation packages
- Very good benefit packages and maternity/ paternity leaves.

Cons

- Too much bureaucracy and favoritism.
- Its not what you do, its who you know to grow in this organization, all this is secretly swept under the shadow of the notion of "networking". its too political.
- Too many managers and senior leadership, which makes it very hard and challenging to grow in this company.
- Too much work for the pay, you will end up working 10 hours almost daily handling multiple teams and audit clients daily.
- Extremely high expectations from Partners.
- An astounding number of lunch meetings, breakdown meetings, war rooms etc.

- Lower expectations,
- Devise smart promotion and raise plans to make sure employees do not expect growth too rapidly.
- Form a good smart work life balance by reducing work and red-tape.

7462 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Great company, but mostly for "work is life" people

Current Employee - Business Technology Analyst in Rosslyn, VA
    Current Employee - Business Technology Analyst in Rosslyn, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great mentorship, senior leadership is always willing to help younger practioniers. Pay is competitive and if you work hard raises will be too. Lots of different projects to work on and experience to get. There is a project for any work you'd want to do. I'm in the federal space so I don't have to travel if I don't want to (cause I live in dc)

Cons

It is a shark tank. Everyone is trying to be the best (which creates healthy competition) but at the same time, everyone just does more and more and more to be better to the next person. If you want to really succeed, Deloitte has to be your life.

I really don't like all the extra firm activities we have to do outside of client work. We work our 40-45 hour work weeks with the client but then also have to do additional "firm activities" and get 300 extra hours a year. Most of these activites are completely pointless. The end of year consensus process is rigorous, and at the end of the day it is the people who have kissed butt the most and made Deloitte their life who end up on top.

Make end of year ratings more about the work, and not who you know

Deloitte Federal

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Reputation, opportunities, travel, benefits, Offices

Cons

Odd culture (not collaborative), regulatory compliance (you have to report everything about your financials)

Sometimes the commitment to work life balance is just lip service -- act on it.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte