Deloitte
3.5 of 5 6,113 reviews
www.deloitte.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

High value early in career, low value later in career

Consultant - Strategy & Operations (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat benefits plan. Over 3 weeks off a year, once you work there for long enough. Generous health and 401(K) benefits. Very serious about outreach to women and minorities. They are doing their best to incorporate work/life balance, though they haven't done that entirely effectively yet.

ConsAs a Strategy consultant, it's just not seen as top-tier (BCG, Bain, McKinsey are still very much seen as the top 3). While this isn't necessarily something that prevents Deloitte "alums" from doing anything, you get the strong sense that the alumni network, post-consulting job opportunities, and entrees into business school and management on the "industry" side are just not as good as those other firms.

However, I think it's a great place to START a career. Joining as an analyst was great for me, and has propelled me to later career success. However, if I were to re-join the firm after my MBA, I would see it severly undermining my career opportunities going forward. Perhaps that's why all my colleagues at my Ivy League business school in New England talk about going to the big three - but pretty much no one wants to go to Deloitte. Which I think is the correct, and rational, judgment. So if you join, join early and then move on. The later you join in your career, the more limited your opportunity set and the value of going to the firm in the first place.

As a side note, that's why I believe that the talent at the analyst level is comprable to, if not better than, the big 3. However, the higher you move in the firm, the more it pales in comparison to our competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe strategy practice will never be top 3, no matter what you do. But they need to re-position their strategy consulting brand to be more explicitly about strategy. Only then will they have a chance to attract the best and the brightest at higher levels of the firm.

A great place to get started, build relationships, and have a long-term, successful career.

Business Valuation Associate (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros: The pay scale is great. they are flexible with your work arrangement. If you want to move down to 80% full time employment… Cons: Long hours during busy season and management needs to work… Advice to Senior Management: Need to be more transparent during end of year promotion/evaluation… More

Prespective of Deloitte from someone with experience

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros: So far what I have seen is the commitment to promotion and career development. Comparing it my previous software firm this is something that… Cons: Learning to navigate Deloitte seems to be a challenge that you needs to work through. It is also the… Advice to Senior Management: Demonstrate that you have more to your life the Deloitte.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Deloitte.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria. All reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte employees.