Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Know what you're getting into

Current Employee - Resource Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Resource Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's pretty flexible (I work in Talent). I work at home when I want. I leave early when I want (but then work from home of course once I get there). Most of the people that work here are very friendly and knowledgable about their work.

Cons

If you start working for this company you have to list out your priorities beforehand. Is family #1 or is money and career #1? This place is non-stop work and you're expected to work over the weekends, so you're always on. If you are at the point in your life, where you can spend 11 hours a day at work, then do it. Having Deloitte on your resume is great. I don't regret it at all, but I know that once I have a family and settle down, I'll need to start searching for a job elsewhere.
It's also very stressful environment.If we are expected to move mountains, then we should get partner support in order to assist us in doing so.

I know there is an emphasis on Work-Life Balance, and we talk about it all the time, but you have to realise there is a large amount of turnover due to stressed out, overwhelmed, overworked people who work 3 busy seasons in a row.

7456 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

They will teach you marketable skills, but don't expect them to let you manage your own career.

Current Employee - Federal Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Federal Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Compensation is good, training is good, promotions are clear-ish, overall you'll learn, but you'll want to get out after a year or two.

Cons

I've spent a considerable amount of time growing my network, building my expertise, and finding projects that match my skill set, interests, and benefit the firm. When it came down to it, however, and I was offered a fantastic project opportunity that management would not let me pursue. In order to succeed here and get where you want you need to screw people over and that simply doesn't match my values. I'm very disappointed with Deloitte because I believe that the firm and it's people have a lot of potential.

Practice what you preach. If you tell us that we can 'manage our own career' then let us do that when the opportunities arise. Don't be a hypocrite and force your employees to work against one another in order to get ahead.

Okay start for developers. Hard to recommend Tulsa center to friends.

Former Employee - Associate IV in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Associate IV in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Relaxed place. They really knew how to bring in genuine people. Strong benefits. Opportunity to find interesting projects if you look for it.

Cons

Good luck finding projects. If you become a lone wolf developer, you'll be wishing you had a support team.

Office is losing its energy. Make salary competitive and be more transparent with projects. Town hall meetings were a facade.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte