Deloitte

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits. Diverse workforce. Bright co-workers.

Cons

Public sector consulting is Washington DC focused. Opportunities severely limited if you do not live in northern Virginia.

6925 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Great place to start out for the ambitious individual!

Former Employee - Tax Intern - GES
    Former Employee - Tax Intern - GES

I worked at Deloitte as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Prestige of top ranked company

Good pay (intern $21/hour plus time and a half for overtime)

Friendly and beautiful atmosphere

Company provides lunch and dinner during the busy season

They are trying to accommodate work life balance for Gen X individuals with "Small Thing, Big
    Difference" where you get to pick out a small thing each week to increase your work like balance (leaving early one day to work out, go out to dinner, etc), but there's still a lot of pressure by older employees to disregard those efforts. Trying, but not quite there yet.

Fairly clear hierarchy for career growth.

After working for Deloitte, you can pretty much be guaranteed a job anywhere else you want to go (smaller, industry, etc).

Cons

Depending on your service line, there can be a lot of competition to move up that makes it almost unrealistic because of the amount of hours you have to put in.

They don't pay for your parking garage pass ($165/month)

Work life balance leaves a lot to be desired; Minimum working hours are like 70/week with 65 being client chargeable for first year associates and interns. Only increases as you move up.

Even on off seasons, you can easily put in 50-60 hours a week if you're trying to move up to a management position.

I feel like family isn't that important to Deloitte or life outside of work; Deloitte is your family and comes first.

Awful training program. Basically just told me to figure it out. Absolutely no training for two months and then the training was redundant.

Ultimately turned down an offer to pursue a smaller company with better work life balance.

While I truly believe you are taking steps in the right direction in terms of work life balance, there is a strong resistance by baby boomers who have worked hard to get where they are and feel like newer associates are being handed more than they deserve right in the door. They have a resentful attitude and there's a strong pressure from them, most often in management roles, to disregard the "Small Thing, Big Difference" initiative. Although everyone picked something, no one did anything weekly and certainly acted upset when newer associates wanted to leave for their "small thing." It made the environment feel divisive. Like we're not truly "One Deloitte." My advice would be to make the Baby Boomers feel like all their hard work and loyalty wasn't for nothing so they don't feel like newer associates are getting more than they deserve. Try to make it a better transition and keep at it!

Wonderful company to work for!!!

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

There are many opportunities to learn new aspects of the business. The people I work with have been tremendouslly helpful and supportive throughout my career.

Cons

poor increases and bonuses and the inequality between partner and director has not been resolved yet.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte