Deloitte

Don't linger too long..

Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

- If you're working to build pedigree on your resume/CV, Deloitte is a name that is widely recognized.
- Training is encouraged.
- Exposure to a variety of clients.

Cons

- The concept of "one Deloitte" is just a myth. There's a virtually insurmountable dichotomy between the public sector and commercial sector. Want commercial experience? If you've joined the public sector side, forget it. Look elsewhere.
- Be prepared to be aligned with projects that you're not qualified for and/or are not interested in. Like most other consulting firms, Deloitte is just a body shop. If you're lucky enough to land on a good project and work under leadership that protects you, you may have a shot at advancing in your career. Otherwise, expect to grind out long hours on a project that doesn't hold your interest / match your skills.

Deloitte should revisit its commitment to women and minorities in its workplace and strategy for retaining them. Sure, they have WIN (Women's Initiative Network) and a variety of internal diversity groups. It's still not enough. The engagements (particularly those within the Public Sector) are dominated by Caucasian males, who promote from within their personal networks.

Consider revamping the performance evaluation process. It's heavily subjective and biased. Change its focus to actual employee performance, not political affiliation within the firm.

7217 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

It really Sucks

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

Pay package is good with deloitte comapred to other companies and also they provide different types of professional training. you can get the training only if your manager allows and my manager sucks. she is very horrible

Cons

Main problem with Deloitte is no personla life. we need to work 12 hrs a day and still ur manager wont be satisfied wiht you. One more major drawback is most of the managers and Sr managers are not efficient and they are just promoted with out even evaluating if they are suitable for the position or not. I got a manager, who dint even know what the team does and she makes us to do all her work like planning reports etc.

I advice dont promote the people based on just yrs of experiences and people who are in human capital making them the managers of IT projects ect... I hate deloitte culture.

Where unprofessional behavior is acceptable

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Great clients
    Opportunity to work on interesting clients
    Great place to develop technical skills

Cons

Unprofessional environment
    You're either in the "in crowd" or you're out
    Lack of challenging work due to the recession
    High turnover
    Constant Chaos
    Politics is an understatement

Clean House
    Ask yourself why the Turnover is high
    Teach the Directors how to respect clients and people

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte