Tough Environment

Current Employee - Tax Consultant II in New York, NY
Current Employee - Tax Consultant II in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Team, Leadership acceptable, Friendly coworkers

Cons

Tough to learn, limited coaching and teaching

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Enjoying the ride... for what it really is.

Current Employee - Audit Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Audit Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The ability to grow as a professional and build an extensive network.

Cons

Fast paced, cut-throat, and highly political environment with underwhelming compensation...but what else did you expect from the BIG 4?

Advice to Management

Leadership should be more informed about the changes in employee aspirations. Rather than question why a person does not have the same goals as you (i.e. making partner), get to know what their end goal is and establish a foundation whereby this person will be a resource to the firm in the future (i.e. prospective client).

2. A successful company that is driven to provide value

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Deloitte pays well. Were I to take a job locally, I'd likely receive about 30-40% less. Deloitte's health package is first class and they give you more opportunities to train than you can absorb. Deloitte is huge, but if you navigate around it you'll find truly bright and visionary people. In my four years at Deloitte, I've met a great number of people that I truly respect--people whose input I truly value.

Cons

I came into Deloitte with eyes open. I knew what consulting travel was like. At Deloitte, they call the schedule a 5-4-3. That means that you're working (minimum) five days a week, four days on the road and three nights in a hotel. Basically, you get up at 5 a.m. on Mondays and get home Thursday around 8p. Friday's (most of the time) you're in your local office. And beyond the client work, there are firm activities to develop new business, support the firm or make a splash in the industry. The combined weight of travel plus firm activities can suffocating at times. Trying to eke out a sane family life at Deloitte is not always easy.

Advice to Management

How can I complain about an organization that has treated me so well? You've paid my bills, provided excellent health care coverage for may family and given me a great salary. I may not retire at Deloitte (it's a very demanding place to work) but I refuse to badmouth it. I've done my part, and they've done theirs. Long live the big green dot!