There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Great Company, but don't be naïve.

Former Employee - Audit Assistant in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Audit Assistant in McLean, VA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are intelligent, and you will learn a great deal in a very short amount of time. A wild ride that is quite enjoyable. Large company with awesome resources. Excellent to have on your resume.

Cons

You have to always cover your own behind, because that is top priority for everyone else. If its you or them, lets just say its going to be you.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great entry level public accounting job

Former Employee - Senior Auditor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Auditor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Public accounting as an entry level job, was a crash course in accounting that made me much more technically proficient than my counterparts post-Big 4; Deloitte, lived up to that promise of providing learning career & industry learning through assignments and firm resources. Reputation wise, Deloitte seemed to be more technical and performance focused than the other Big 4's (which could be a pro or a con).

Cons

The hours; which they don't lie to you about up-front. I unfortunately ended up getting a string of unlucky breaks and my main client ended up going through a series re-statements which resulted in an almost a year-long busy season. Although this is not the norm, traditional Big 4 busy seasons do seem to have creeped in duration

Advice to Management

Monitor the fatigue of your teams. Although there are deadlines, a rested employee is a more productive employee.

Unwelcoming..arrogant place to join.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation.. starting salary and sign-on bonus very competitive. Benefits competitive

Cons

Completely unwelcoming environment. As much as they recruit, they do not actually want new people with new idea. Vert difficult place to join as a senior leader.