Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
  www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Great potential be prepared to work hard for it.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

Great brand and access to high level executives at amazing companies. Lots of internal growth opportunites and potential to climb the ladder quickly. Excellent opportunities for self- motivated and self-starters.

Cons

Be prepared for long hours and lots of travel for at least a few years before seeing any of the work/life flexibility that is talked about so often.

Be realistic with experience hires coming in especially re: travel and hour requirements. Though not spoken officially it is very obvious if you try to leave at 5 and the rest of the audit team is staying until 7.

6948 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Good place to start out and get experience

Current Employee - Audit Senior in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Audit Senior in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

You learn a ton early on about the industry that you work in. Have access to high level people at the client in various departments. Are involved in discussions about new business strategies the client is working on. After my first year at Deloitte I had staff working below me so a tremendous amount of leadership experience compared to a lot of other places. TONS of training especially at low levels. You start with 25 days off a year (plus 10 holidays) and receive an additional 5 after you make manager. I don't know how I could go to a job where I only had 2 weeks vacation after this.

Cons

Busy season (long hours during the winter) - Can get repetitive or boring if you're not on the right client. Really depends a lot on the client you're on or the people you're working with. Some people end up on the wrong clients and have to work really bad hours but others work pretty much 40 hours a week except for 10 weeks of busy season.

Promote work-life balance - give staff opportunties to learn and develop - pay for grad school!

Great Professional Development but typical Big 4 politics

Former Employee - Tax Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Tax Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

Professional Development, Training, Variety of work

Cons

Long hours, office politics, Pay versus industry

Continue to work on work-life balance offerings

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte