Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

A tough hill to climb before building a network, but once at the top, smooth sailing

Current Employee - Management Consulting Senior Consultant in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Management Consulting Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

- You work with the best;
- Privately held means profit sharing for all;
- Strongh emphasis on networking results in "small company" family-style relationships with upper management.

Cons

- Expected extra-curricular activities are burdening on your personal time.
- MCC profile seems to play little effect as to expected commitment.
- Strange multi-tiered performance review system with little clarity, seemingly relying on strength of network / relationships more so than on merit.

- 360 Reviews shoudl be mandatory for all projects and relationships at Deloitte. Many times, new Managers are hired into the firm that are not apt for the role, making it difficult for those subordinate to them as these managers adjust.
- Also, the performance review system needs a serious overhaul. Adding additional forms isn't an overhaul, but just more "red tape."

7462 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Very good place to work if you are the right fit.

Current Employee - Senior Project Controller in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Controller in Boston, MA

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

great reputation, flexible work choices, travel, I feel like I truely control my own career, smart people

Cons

can be long hours, competition level is high because there are so many smart people

Continue to work on work-life balance. Strides have been made, but please don't think that we are there yet.

Excellent firm - but you've got to do the heavy lifting

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Ample opportunities for training, multi-disciplinary experience, and work on substantive high-profile issues w/ smart, sharp teams of talented people. I've been impressed by the depth of expertise I've come cross. We've got libraries upon libraries of resources, tools, and methodologies to pull from to get the job done. (though finding the right resource in a stack of resources can be tedious at times)

Cons

Deloitte's an outstanding firm for professional development, career growth, and one packed w/ plenty of opportunities. To succeed, however, you've got to be dedicated to steering your own course, finding the right engagements that meet your goals, and resist the urge to be staffed on a project b/c it's convenient for senior management and their resource teams. This firm's talent runs deep and it's a joy on most days to work here. Work-life balance can be a challenge at times b/c "building your brand" means copious hours outside of client time - writing white papers, leading communities of practice, and creating firm "eminence". If you can get over that hump (and the tedious consultant-speak that comes w/ them) than you'll be a happy consulting camper.

One size fits all does not a happy consultant make - and forcing every client-facing employee into a model that weighs client and internal work equally w/ compliance for training and regs is a recipe for disaster - and a terrible way to balance one's life.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte