no work life balance

Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Costa Mesa, CA
Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

good people and fun work

Cons

no work life balance at work

Advice to Management

pay more money and more work life balance

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Deloitte Consulting

Former Employee - BTA in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - BTA in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

-The people there are great. Everyone is motivated, fun, and energetic. -Very horizontal structure in which you have the ability to meet people from different regions, practice areas, and functions -Management is very supportive -Willing to pay for graduate school

Cons

-Fraternity like culture. Promotions are based on favorites, rather than purely merit based reasons. -Expected to get involved in other firm activities in order to move up within the firm. -Travel can take its tole after a while. -Sometimes job functions do not match where your true interests lie -Work Life Balance really depends on the project you are on. Some can be very high burn.

Advice to Management

-Work more with analysts to find where there true interests lie.

2. Great job experience but...

Current Employee - Audit Senior
    Current Employee - Audit Senior

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

The work experience you will get there will open a lot of doors. They expect a lot from you and you will definitely learn a lot. You will have the chance to interact with senior management at clients early on. We get lots of vacation time (25 days a year). I like to travel, and they don't make a big deal about me taking 3 weeks off at a time. For non-US citizens, they have a good law firm to handle your visas and green card applications.

Cons

Very long hours and expectations that the work comes before anything else. Lots of travel to little towns in the middle of nowhere

Advice to Management

There were some layoffs in our office in August, and there was no formal announcement from management for several weeks. There needs to be better communication from management.