Deloitte UK

www.deloitte.co.uk
  www.deloitte.co.uk
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte UK

Start your career here!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I have been working at Deloitte UK

Pros

The oppertunity to work with intelligent people from different backgrounds and all walks off life. The company heavily focuses on personal and career development and will try to support you in whatever you would like to do. The company has a good reputation and has clients including ftse 100 companies and aim listed companies to affluent high net wealth indivudals and global multinational companies. They also pay for all your training, courses and professional qualifications.

Everyone is generally very friendly and very supportive of your career from day one. There are also oppertunities for secondments and career breaks too. Overall a great place to work.

Cons

Could pay investment bank salaries :)

I think to remember that they started off from the bottom once upon a time!

248 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte UK (View Most Recent)

dissatisfied.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Deloitte UK

Pros

money and money and money

Cons

politics and politics and pollitics

support and develop people.

Great place to start a career and to continue it as long as you move around and find your niche.

Current Employee - FAS Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - FAS Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Deloitte UK

Pros

Excellent training, especially the 3-year ACA. It's also good to be surrounded by very intelligent people, but this will vary depending on your service line. Most of the people I work with got a First in Economics and almost all have a Masters or PhD in Economics. It can be very stimulating to have varied problems and always have to be thinking of new approaches to unusual issues.

It's also relatively to move internally and internationally (although not as easy at this moment). I qualified in Audit then moved to Economic Consulting and so get to use my skills but don't have to go through the monotony of Audits. These are great for teaching financial skills, but I couldn't recommend it as a long-term career option - hence why I moved to a specialised area within Corporate Finance.

It's also useful to have a Big 4 name on your CV rather than a smaller practice. The scope for larger, more complex and more interesting projects is therefore bigger at Deloitte than much of the competition.

Cons

At the bottom it can be very dull with relatively low pay, but this is compensated for via the ACA qualification which makes you very employable. As you progress, you get more control over work hours and which projects you work on, but I've been lucky and many people can end up with tough hours and repetitive work.

There's also a huge amount of bureaucracy, as you'd expect in a large organisation. This can be a real bore and take up large amounts of time. Throughout much of the firm you're also expected to put your life on hold for work, but this largely depends on how good your managers/Partners are and how much they care - there's a lot of variety but most expect hard work and work life to be the absolute priority.

Reduce the bureaucracy and improve the work/life balance for the majority of the workforce. Lip service is paid to it, but many don't care that much about other commitments you may have.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte UK