Still a good company to work for

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer  in  Kokomo, IN
Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Delphi full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Huge knowledge base. You can get get help on any subject. There are expert and help on any subject.

Cons

Focus more on profit than on people nowadays.

It's the people who make a company successful. There should be a balance between people and profit.

Other Reviews for Delphi

Was a good company, now appears to have lost focus

Former Employee - Manager  in  Kokomo, IN
    Former Employee - Manager in Kokomo, IN

I worked at Delphi full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good competent employees, provided good training opportunities, innovator in automotive electronic s, competitive salary

Cons

Lack of trust in senior management decision making, employee confidence and morale low, company's approach to rightsizing has affected the employees' ability to perform optimally.

Focus on rebuilding employee trust, and improving morale. Provide clear direction on both short and long term goals. Stabilize workforce and restore employees sense of security and future viability in the community.

Great place to have started my career!

Current Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer  in  Kokomo, IN
    Current Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Delphi full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Technology, good place to learn and learn on the job. As this has been my only employer I have been satisfied. I have learned a lot and worked with very competent, skillful and disciplined engineers. This was a great place to learn the "art" of engineering. I have loved almost all of my experiences here.

Cons

Management tends to micro-manage a bit which is a bad thing when most of the employees each have 20+ years of experience. You must manage your career for yourself and not expect others to look out for you (that can be a pro or a con); mentoring programs have been non-existent for the last 10+ years.

Get rid of the escalation process and let employees be more pro-active. Focus on getting a good job and not on metrics.

There are newer employer reviews for Delphi.

Worked for Delphi? Contribute to the Community!