There are newer employer reviews for Delphi

A formerly great company now in freefall

Former Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Warren, OH
Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Warren, OH

I worked at Delphi

Pros

Exciting product line and customer base
Top notch training on modern quality tools and methods
Good benefits
Provides global experience with locations around the world

Cons

No regard for knowledge and experience as >50% of US workforce has been shed
No raises in 3 yrs and now demotions as company bought by equity investor
Entire segments of company dismantled - a mere shell of former self
Run by firmly entrenched old boys network very resistant to make substantive changes

Stop managing by metrics alone. Recognize the value of skilled personnel located near the customer. Moving every job to Mexico cannot be the answer to everything

338 Other Employee Reviews for Delphi (View Most Recent)

delphi is a good place to work

Former Employee - Quality Manager  in  Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Quality Manager in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Delphi

Pros

Delphi's salaried workforce is extremenly competent and capable. Working on projects is relatively easy due to this competence. Minorities are treated in a fair manner. compensation is very competitive.

Cons

The north american activity is under fire. With GM taking back all the remaining large plants and a minimal number of projects on the bubble with Delphi's mexico plants, the company may end up eliminating most of the NA pressence and focusing on the other global regions where they have more success.

Rodney was with us when we went down - we need a new leader to save the NA market. Delphi HQ is a minimal value add and a big revenue drain based on their out of tough requirements they impose on the divisions.

Severed from Delphi Packard.

Former Employee - Insert Mold Tool Engineer  in  Warren, OH
    Former Employee - Insert Mold Tool Engineer in Warren, OH

I worked at Delphi

Pros

When Delphi was a division of General Motors and even after the Spin-Off it was a great place to work. The Compensation and benefits were very good. The working relationships with fellow employees both coworkers and supervisors were great. Even working with the union members was good. It was a big happy family.

Cons

After the Spin-Off from GM upper management rerplaced the local Director with someone from out of town that was not a people person. He was put in to cut personell and ship the business out of the country. This is when the lies and deceit started. They sent the company into bankruptcy and started cutting people left and right. I was severed because I was one of the oldest andmost expensive engineers. We ended up training our own replacements, even the ones that went overseas. In retirement they cut our medical benefits and sent our pensions to the PBGC where we will loose our suppliment, in my case up to $15,000 a year or about 33%. Others much more.

Get your act together and go back to PEOPLE FIRST. Bring manufacturing back to the states and let the supervisors do their jobs. It can not be cheaper to ship material in from China then it does to produce it here especially since you have gotten rid of what you called the burden of the pension program.

There are newer employer reviews for Delphi

Worked for Delphi? Contribute to the Community!