Delphi

www.delphi.com

Severe "Brain Drain" Has Crippled Former Technology Powerhouse

Senior Electrical Design Engineer (Current Employee) Kokomo, IN

ProsSome of the most brilliant engineers I've ever worked with until the company was taken over by the hedge fund owners. A technology leader that has fallen due to the exodus of the many of the most talented.

ConsConstant layoffs, forced retirements, continual salary and benefit cuts, terminated pension plan employees in their 40's and 50's with huge losses to make up in the short time remaining before retirement. Horrible Morale due to employees being viewed as disposable liabilities. Systematically bleeding US locations to death while moving the work offshore.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your attitude toward your workforce. Morale will not improve until they see that you have a plan to grow the company and value the contributions of a talented workforce.

Rewarding for many years, but disappointing after emerging from bankruptcy.

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Delphi full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Challenging front end technology development. Workforce still in place is very experienced and been… Cons: Continual short term focus on financials and bleeding very experienced talent. Has great challenges in today's marketplace to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Employment at Delphi in Kokomo IN

Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) Kokomo, IN

I worked at Delphi full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Salary was great and people were wonderful to work with. Cons: Delphi's human assets were once regarded by management as the biggest competitive advantage that the company possessed but, since the bankruptcy and the emphasis on… Advice to Senior Management: Management focus should be more on long range success. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Delphi.

Worked for Delphi? Contribute to the Community!