There are newer employer reviews for Delphi

Delphi at a Low Point

Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Kokomo, IN
Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Delphi

Pros

Very technically capable people at the working level. Good mentorship. Work ethics and product focus is key to culture. Customer focus also good.

Cons

Downfall began with spinoff from GM. Captive supplier culture was incompatible with serious market forces in industry. Management was incapable of changing company operation to align with changes. Now the workforce is being forced to compensate for this failure. Future is very uncertain, but it is obvious current private ownership wants to liquidate to recover investment.

There is no hope for the future. Can this be offered? Communications appear to be good, but lacks commitment to the future.

344 Other Employee Reviews for Delphi (View Most Recent)

Struggling company lacking opportunity

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Kokomo, IN
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Kokomo, IN

I worked at Delphi

Pros

International company with high-tech products and world-class engineering and manufacturing

Cons

As Delphi struggles financially, opportunities for advancement wane. Mid- and upper-management lack technical understanding of effective business processes and data structures.

Get some talented pros to re-create your data management systems.

Very Sad Situation

Current Employee - Engineer in Kokomo, IN
    Current Employee - Engineer in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Delphi

Pros

Wonderful history and great people to work with. The pay is still quite good. Overall benefits are good despite the recent reductions. Work life balance is reasonable as well.

Cons

Very, very sad workforce due to the layoffs and benefit cuts. Everyone is scared right now and afraid that they will be next to go. It is almost impossible to focus on work when the future weighs so heavy on everyone. I don't know when, or if this will end.

Please, please, please stop this "death by a thousand cuts". I think Jack Welsh said "cut once, cut deep". Management is cutting 20 times and cutting shallow. Until you say "enough" to the continuing head count cuts the workforce prodcutivity will suffer. Everyone, and I mean "everyone" below senior managemetn level is looking at options. I have been working hard here for twenty years, but right now I feel like dirt on the floor. Your workers are scared stiff.

There are newer employer reviews for Delphi