There are newer employer reviews for Delphi

I have had a very fulfilling experience at Delphi.

Current Intern - Systems Engineer in Kokomo, IN
Current Intern - Systems Engineer in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Delphi as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Delphi are wonderful to work with, and there are always some very exciting innovations taking place. Delphi provides benefits to all its full-time employees and provides training to keep employees up-to-date on safety and new technology. Many employees have families and healthy work-life balances. Also, it is a global company, so there are plenty of opportunities to travel.

Cons

As a younger member of the professional community, I would like to see a more aesthetically pleasing work environment. The company provides suitable work equipment, but the cubicle walls look a bit outdated; it's basically just your average office, so a nice change to stand out would be nice.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Started working when it was a GM owned company.

Former Employee - Component Engineer in Lockport, NY
    Former Employee - Component Engineer in Lockport, NY

I worked at Delphi full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you are willing to work hard for descendent pay in Western New York, Delphi was is good partner. Nice work/life balance. Having the Union there kept management in line and made sure we were paid fairly and got the rights we deserved.

Cons

Company was pretty unstable during the chapter 11. Management seemed distant since it became part of GM again. Had to go toe to toe with managers at times. Union guys were made to feel like we were the enemy.

Advice to Management

Treat Union workers better.

2. Global Tier 1 Automotive Supplier

Former Contractor - SAP Business Process in Troy, MI
    Former Contractor - SAP Business Process in Troy, MI

I worked at Delphi as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging supply chain with true international reach internal plants, distribution centers, subcontract and parts suppliers. Deep and broad Bills of Materials. If you enjoy analytical challenges this is a great environment.

Cons

While I was there chapter 11 and a declining US automotive industry put stress on people and the overall organization. It is a tribute to the people there that they responded well to save their own and their neighbors jobs. The company has been restructured and has a positive future ahead.

Advice to Management

Remember all organizations are just groups of people until they share the vision and have the tools and knowledge to execute it... then they are a team. I think Delphi management actually fills this role well.