There are newer employer reviews for Delphi

Summer internship at Delphi (Auburn Hills Campus)

Current Intern - Software Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI
Current Intern - Software Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Delphi as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Delphi assigns high priority and must-ship features to the interns. The intern program, although new, is strong and improving every year. Delphi is positioned to be successful in the future and the internship program they have reflects their desire to search for the best candidates.

Cons

Management is lacking, although they did just finish a reorg so there will be a few years of ramp up before the company will regain it's full productivity. The work is slow in comparison to tech companies.

Advice to Management

Had a recent reorg, no comment.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I have had a very fulfilling experience at Delphi.

Current Intern - Systems Engineer in Kokomo, IN
    Current Intern - Systems Engineer in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Delphi as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Delphi are wonderful to work with, and there are always some very exciting innovations taking place. Delphi provides benefits to all its full-time employees and provides training to keep employees up-to-date on safety and new technology. Many employees have families and healthy work-life balances. Also, it is a global company, so there are plenty of opportunities to travel.

Cons

As a younger member of the professional community, I would like to see a more aesthetically pleasing work environment. The company provides suitable work equipment, but the cubicle walls look a bit outdated; it's basically just your average office, so a nice change to stand out would be nice.

2. Started working when it was a GM owned company.

Former Employee - Component Engineer in Lockport, NY
    Former Employee - Component Engineer in Lockport, NY

I worked at Delphi full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you are willing to work hard for descendent pay in Western New York, Delphi was is good partner. Nice work/life balance. Having the Union there kept management in line and made sure we were paid fairly and got the rights we deserved.

Cons

Company was pretty unstable during the chapter 11. Management seemed distant since it became part of GM again. Had to go toe to toe with managers at times. Union guys were made to feel like we were the enemy.

Advice to Management

Treat Union workers better.