There are newer employer reviews for Delphi

Product Development Engineer at Delphi E&S, Kokomo, IN

Former Employee - Product Development Engineer  in  Kokomo, IN
Former Employee - Product Development Engineer in Kokomo, IN

I worked at Delphi

Pros

Engineering, manufacturing, & program management colleagues were excellent, competent, and respectful. We all tried to help each other as much as possible to protect our customers and keep programs on course.

Cons

Management was too bureaucratic (management by edict & directive). Company languished in bankruptcy far too long (4 years), then tried to emerge just as the automotive market tanked. Result: massive layoffs. Delphi never became completely independent of GM in 1999 because upper management came from GM and remained too closely tied to it. Also, Delphi inherited all the legacy and contractual commitments GM had with the United Auto Workers without sufficient funds to honor them.

None. Nothing said here would change the way Delphi management operates.

338 Other Employee Reviews for Delphi (View Most Recent)

Delphi at a Low Point

Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer  in  Kokomo, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Delphi

Pros

Very technically capable people at the working level. Good mentorship. Work ethics and product focus is key to culture. Customer focus also good.

Cons

Downfall began with spinoff from GM. Captive supplier culture was incompatible with serious market forces in industry. Management was incapable of changing company operation to align with changes. Now the workforce is being forced to compensate for this failure. Future is very uncertain, but it is obvious current private ownership wants to liquidate to recover investment.

There is no hope for the future. Can this be offered? Communications appear to be good, but lacks commitment to the future.

The light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train

Former Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Kokomo, IN
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Kokomo, IN

I worked at Delphi

Pros

There were, and still are, some good people to work with at Delphi. I'm happy for the ones that got out clean. It's unfortunate that their retirement was turned over to the PBGC.

Cons

Piss Poor Communication from management. Poor team work because of poor leadership. It is a depressing place to work because at any second, the place could go belly up.

Management needs to get a solid game plan. Consistent communication should be across all levels. I shouldn't hear important news days or even hours before my manager tells me. When you get caught with your pants down, don't lie. Man up and tell the truth.

There are newer employer reviews for Delphi

Worked for Delphi? Contribute to the Community!