Delphi

www.delphi.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Delphi

Learn how to make many from software!

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Kokomo, IN
Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Delphi

Pros

Delphi has a wide range of different products in various parts of the world. So, if you do not like a certain job, there are other projects to work without leaving the company. Salaries are competitive from what I have found talking to other companies. The chapter 11 adventure has taken some of the advantages away, but still a good company.

Cons

Benefits have taken a hit after chapter 11. This will need to improve to attract young engineers to come to Kokomo. Senior management does not have a clue on what will need to happen for future success. Software is king and we are ALL hardware focused. Need twice as many SW engineers to be successful. I just hope our management figures this out before it is too late,.

Learn how to manage and sell sell SW and Apps! Or, get out of the car audio receiver business.

371 Other Employee Reviews for Delphi (View Most Recent)

Product Development Engineer at Delphi E&S, Kokomo, IN

Former Employee - Product Development Engineer in Kokomo, IN
    Former Employee - Product Development Engineer in Kokomo, IN

I worked at Delphi

Pros

Engineering, manufacturing, & program management colleagues were excellent, competent, and respectful. We all tried to help each other as much as possible to protect our customers and keep programs on course.

Cons

Management was too bureaucratic (management by edict & directive). Company languished in bankruptcy far too long (4 years), then tried to emerge just as the automotive market tanked. Result: massive layoffs. Delphi never became completely independent of GM in 1999 because upper management came from GM and remained too closely tied to it. Also, Delphi inherited all the legacy and contractual commitments GM had with the United Auto Workers without sufficient funds to honor them.

None. Nothing said here would change the way Delphi management operates.

The light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Kokomo, IN
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Kokomo, IN

I worked at Delphi

Pros

There were, and still are, some good people to work with at Delphi. I'm happy for the ones that got out clean. It's unfortunate that their retirement was turned over to the PBGC.

Cons

Piss Poor Communication from management. Poor team work because of poor leadership. It is a depressing place to work because at any second, the place could go belly up.

Management needs to get a solid game plan. Consistent communication should be across all levels. I shouldn't hear important news days or even hours before my manager tells me. When you get caught with your pants down, don't lie. Man up and tell the truth.

There are newer employer reviews for Delphi