Honest Opinion of Delphi

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Troy, MI
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Troy, MI

I have been working at Delphi

Pros

On a personal level, the people at Delphi are some of the best people I have met and are just good, quality human beings.

Cons

There are limited opportunities for growth currently in the company. There also does not appear to be any coherent direction from the senior management as to the strategy of Delphi going forward. Lastly, in the past few years, employees have been treated more as a commodity as opposed to highly valued resources.

Advice to Management

The leadership at Delphi needs to start valuing their employees more. There is also way, way too much bureaucracy at Delphi. Even though headcount has been reduced 30%-40% over the past few years too, the amount of work has not decreased. As a result, morale is extremely among employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Learn how to make many from software!

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Kokomo, IN
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Delphi

Pros

Delphi has a wide range of different products in various parts of the world. So, if you do not like a certain job, there are other projects to work without leaving the company. Salaries are competitive from what I have found talking to other companies. The chapter 11 adventure has taken some of the advantages away, but still a good company.

Cons

Benefits have taken a hit after chapter 11. This will need to improve to attract young engineers to come to Kokomo. Senior management does not have a clue on what will need to happen for future success. Software is king and we are ALL hardware focused. Need twice as many SW engineers to be successful. I just hope our management figures this out before it is too late,.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage and sell sell SW and Apps! Or, get out of the car audio receiver business.

2. Product Development Engineer at Delphi E&S, Kokomo, IN

Former Employee - Product Development Engineer in Kokomo, IN
    Former Employee - Product Development Engineer in Kokomo, IN

I worked at Delphi

Pros

Engineering, manufacturing, & program management colleagues were excellent, competent, and respectful. We all tried to help each other as much as possible to protect our customers and keep programs on course.

Cons

Management was too bureaucratic (management by edict & directive). Company languished in bankruptcy far too long (4 years), then tried to emerge just as the automotive market tanked. Result: massive layoffs. Delphi never became completely independent of GM in 1999 because upper management came from GM and remained too closely tied to it. Also, Delphi inherited all the legacy and contractual commitments GM had with the United Auto Workers without sufficient funds to honor them.

Advice to Management

None. Nothing said here would change the way Delphi management operates.