Delphi

Global Packaging Intern

Former Employee - Supply Management Intern in Troy, MI
Former Employee - Supply Management Intern in Troy, MI

I worked at Delphi

Pros

- At the time, it was a very impressive corporate headquarters
- Lots of opportunity to find opportunities for improvement because the company is so big and basically comprised of the same policies,procedures, and methods of GM.
- Was given plenty of opportunities to travel
- Good people to work with at the corporate level

Cons

- Bad moral at the division level. Many of the baby boomers were just waiting to either get layed off or retire.

- I was made an offer to work full time, but decided that I had a better opportunity working for an industry leader in agricultural equipment. Mainly due to Chapter 11 bankruptancy of course. Otherwise, I was very pleased to work with corporate employees and was able to find many opportunities for improvement that helped me gain fast recognition. I had this internhip a couple years ago, and it really helped me jumpstart my career.

353 Other Employee Reviews for Delphi (View Most Recent)

Delphi - Automotive Components

Current Employee - Purchasing Manager in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Purchasing Manager in Troy, MI

I have been working at Delphi

Pros

The salaries are very competitive.

Cons

The auto industry is always in jeapordy of failing.

Human Resource Leadership is sub standard and over compensated by industry standards. This was revieled in the bankruptcy courts but never addressed by leadership.

Wish it were Different

Current Employee - Regular Employee in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Regular Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Delphi

Pros

Innovative products, many employees are great to work with, team effort is visable and some of the senior managers seem to be on the right path.

Cons

Reduced the size of the workforce, but the workload has not decreased. Longer hours and no compensation for additional work and effort. Management has no clue and that group has not declined in size or package.

Saving pennies, but spending dollars. Lower level employees fund senior management and will continue to leave for employment elsewhere if things do not change.

There are newer employer reviews for Delphi