Delphi

Excellent Place to learn High Volume Manufacturing and Design

Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer II in Kokomo, IN
Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer II in Kokomo, IN

I worked at Delphi

Pros

Training is very good, they promote learing and you have access to subject matter experts. Generally, you are allowed to get as much certifications and specialized training that you want, provided that you stay on top of your work assignmants.

Cons

Pay, benefits, and promotional opportunities can lag other industries by the fact that much of the high volume manufacturing is being outsourced overseas for the auto industry.

n/a

353 Other Employee Reviews for Delphi (View Most Recent)

Company is history

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Kokomo, IN
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Kokomo, IN

I worked at Delphi

Pros

Still a few good people left that can definitely pass on the knowledge. Great learning opportunities in the right areas.

Cons

Company is just being polished up to sell by the investors. No leadership what so ever.

Sell know so someone can still salvage what's left and make something out of what was once a great company.

Global Packaging Intern

Former Employee - Supply Management Intern in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Supply Management Intern in Troy, MI

I worked at Delphi

Pros

- At the time, it was a very impressive corporate headquarters
    - Lots of opportunity to find opportunities for improvement because the company is so big and basically comprised of the same policies,procedures, and methods of GM.
    - Was given plenty of opportunities to travel
    - Good people to work with at the corporate level

Cons

- Bad moral at the division level. Many of the baby boomers were just waiting to either get layed off or retire.

- I was made an offer to work full time, but decided that I had a better opportunity working for an industry leader in agricultural equipment. Mainly due to Chapter 11 bankruptancy of course. Otherwise, I was very pleased to work with corporate employees and was able to find many opportunities for improvement that helped me gain fast recognition. I had this internhip a couple years ago, and it really helped me jumpstart my career.

There are newer employer reviews for Delphi