Delphi

www.delphi.com

Benefits Cuts Continue With No Salary Raises

Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) Kokomo, IN

ProsIt might be close to your home. After layoffs of 75% of workforce, only the best people are left. The employees still here are committed and motivated, plus some of the bureacracy has been reduced because the paper shuffling personnel just aren't there any more.
The products are some of the most interesting in the auto industry, and even in the world.

ConsBenefits cuts. No raises for years as we continue to shoulder a larger portion of the insurance costs. Expected to pick up the slack as three of every four people were laid off. No recognition, few opportunities for growth (training).

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating people like replaceable cogs. Coming up with artificial "Fun At Work" days to replace the things that were actually "fun" wasn't successful.

Delphi - a U.S. company only in name.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Troy, MI

I worked at Delphi

Pros: Practical focus on lean Varied opportunities Global arena Highly Experienced middle management - especially… Cons: No U.S. Manufacturing with shift to Europe. U.S. employees are deemed expensive and on-going focus on reducing U.S. ranks. Committed to off shoring engineering even… Advice to Senior Management: As job market improves you will see a mass exudos of employees who have watched U.S. experienced base be obliterated and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Nice Place

Engineer Manager (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

I have been working at Delphi

Pros: Good pay, good benefits, work hours Cons: advancement, location, 401k, promotion, visability, growth Advice to Senior Management: People need the ability to grow Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Delphi.

Worked for Delphi? Contribute to the Community!