Delphix

www.delphix.com

Excellent engineering culture

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Menlo Park, CA

Pros- Smartest engineers I've ever worked with.
- Excellent executive/sales/marketing teams.
- Meritocracy based culture.
- Senior management is very open to feedback and constructive criticisms.
- Cool startup culture (free lunches, untracked PTO, ping pong hall, flexible work hours, etc)

The engineering team at Delphix is top-notch. It includes the smartest group of people I have ever worked with. Some of them include the co-inventors of the ZFS filesystem, DTrace, early engineers from Sun's Fishworks team (which comprised of the top engineers at Sun), etc.

Delphix has a very engineering driven culture; so much so that the managers which lead the different teams at Delphix are themselves great engineers (and great managers).

The company as a whole is doing very well and growing rapidly year by year. Overall, it's an excellent place to work, which is very hard to find elsewhere.

ConsI can't really think of anything major that I'd consider a con, but one minor thing I'd say is that there are three offices (San Francisco, Menlo Park - HQ, and Boston), so the team is pretty spread out, which makes it hard, sometimes, to collaborate. Although people from SF and Boston come out regularly to HQ, and vice versa.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing and don't lose sight of what makes Delphix an excellent place to work (see above).

Rewarding in career but not in experience

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Delphix

Pros: Very smart engineers and dedicated team. Cons: Chaotic management. Too much politics Advice to Senior Management: Do things right and more open communication No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Engineering done right

I have been working at Delphix full-time

Pros: An engineering culture founded on the notion that smart engineers with good ideas get stuff done, and that decisions should be based on technical merit… Cons: The physical environment at HQ doesn't reflect the engineering culture, and standards at any other startup (catered lunches, open space, lounge… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure the engineering culture thrives through the growth of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Delphix.

Worked for Delphix? Contribute to the Community!