Delta Air Lines

There are newer employer reviews for Delta Air Lines

Regional Director

Former Employee - Regional Director in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Regional Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at Delta Air Lines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good Benefits for family and employees. flight benefits are OK but not like it was 20 years ago. I would do it again if I had the chance

Cons

FLight benefits are a joke. Years ago you good map out a vacation and not worry if you or your family were going to get on a plane. Now its such a gamble on if your going to get home or not its just not worth the headache.

Learn the business and who is contributing to the bottom line. Hint those are the ones you want to keep.

700 Other Employee Reviews for Delta Air Lines (View Most Recent)

terrible- Do not work here

Current Employee - IFS Learning Department in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IFS Learning Department in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time (more than a year)

Pros

flexibility, casual work environment. I cant think of a thing else!

Cons

politics are soooo bad. Many in my department get yelled and belittled at every day. We are all so upset and too scared to do anything about it for fear of retaliation as the problem goes at least as high as the director of out department and if the VP is as bad as they say he is, then it runs deeper than that. I cry almost every day for the last couple of years that I am trapped in this company and can not seem to get out due to job market and the failure of Delta to invest in developing you instead of having you play politics and games every day. Unless you are a favorite...many have already posted on that. They DO NOT value hard work. They value brown nosing and promote them and then the rest of us have to deal with a poor manager that should have never been promoted in the first place. Also,no ground rules for treating everyone fair and consistent. Some are given a lot of leeway, opportunity even actual gifts for occasions and birthdays with a big to do. Meanwhile, in the same department for another employee of the same title/rank, nothing is ever given or said. Its actually kind of like emotional torture.

Look at your hard workers and promote them, not your social butterflies or "yes maims" Have an open mind enough that you want an intelligent team to work with and ask for their opinions. Don't just assume because you are the manager or director that you know what is best. Give you employees an opportunity to grow help to develop them. Be nice, have some basic ethics. Have a heart for god sakes. Do not let bullying happen in your workplace. Stand up against it!

Great experience, this is the first time of my life that I can say I love what I do

Current Employee - Team Leader in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flight benefits, and knowing that you have the chance as much as everyone to move forward in the company. Working at delta airline is very Challenging, that is whats making it exciting.

Cons

Overwhelming , too much information to learn at the same time

Better communication with the team,

There are newer employer reviews for Delta Air Lines