Delta Air Lines

There are newer employer reviews for Delta Air Lines

Flight Attendant @ Delta Air Lines

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Delta Air Lines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Travel benefits, health insurance, and decent pay. Most crew is fun to fly with; you meet the most interesting people. More days off than the average job. Buddy passes, which allow you to take or send family and friends on tips. Being able to see the world at someone else's expense.

Cons

Long hours, too much sit time, not enough sit time. Passengers can be difficult at times, to say the least. Sometimes, questionable accommodations. Having to commute.

Communication is key

632 Other Employee Reviews for Delta Air Lines (View Most Recent)

I have given 40% of income and promised to be brought back to original pay. Still below 7 years later.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Travel, fellow flight attendants, flexibility

Cons

Don't trust company. Very sexually discriminatory towards women. Men are much more likely to succeed at Delta.

Start appreciating your Flight Attendants don't just give lip service. Actually make the work rules and pay liveable. Treat women with the same respect you treat men.

terrible- Do not work here

Current Employee - IFS Learning Department in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IFS Learning Department in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexibility, casual work environment. I cant think of a thing else!

Cons

politics are soooo bad. Many in my department get yelled and belittled at every day. We are all so upset and too scared to do anything about it for fear of retaliation as the problem goes at least as high as the director of out department and if the VP is as bad as they say he is, then it runs deeper than that. I cry almost every day for the last couple of years that I am trapped in this company and can not seem to get out due to job market and the failure of Delta to invest in developing you instead of having you play politics and games every day. Unless you are a favorite...many have already posted on that. They DO NOT value hard work. They value brown nosing and promote them and then the rest of us have to deal with a poor manager that should have never been promoted in the first place. Also,no ground rules for treating everyone fair and consistent. Some are given a lot of leeway, opportunity even actual gifts for occasions and birthdays with a big to do. Meanwhile, in the same department for another employee of the same title/rank, nothing is ever given or said. Its actually kind of like emotional torture.

Look at your hard workers and promote them, not your social butterflies or "yes maims" Have an open mind enough that you want an intelligent team to work with and ask for their opinions. Don't just assume because you are the manager or director that you know what is best. Give you employees an opportunity to grow help to develop them. Be nice, have some basic ethics. Have a heart for god sakes. Do not let bullying happen in your workplace. Stand up against it!

There are newer employer reviews for Delta Air Lines