Delta Sonic

Great for Students: Not for Grown Ups

Current Employee - Customer Advisor  in  Erie, PA
Current Employee - Customer Advisor in Erie, PA

I have been working at Delta Sonic

Pros

Working outside can be fun. Competitiveness between fellow Customer Advisors. Tips can be good.

Cons

Working outside can stink, too. Rotating door of employees. Can be very hard to get hours.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Delta Sonic (View Most Recent)

A terrific way to get your way into a good job.

Current Employee - Delta Tech  in  Webster, NY
    Current Employee - Delta Tech in Webster, NY

I have been working at Delta Sonic

Pros

You can very easily get someone you know hired and they give you as many hours as you would like .

Cons

The downside to delta sonic is you cannot get very many hours to work unless you become a manager but the pay is not good.

I believe that delta sonic should start implementing steady hours for people other than management and should pay more than 5.50 and hour

Such an inconsistent place to work for SO many reasons...work somewhere else if looking for full-time, long-term work!

Current Employee - Delta Tech  in  Palatine, IL
    Current Employee - Delta Tech in Palatine, IL

I have been working at Delta Sonic

Pros

--Great tips, sometimes (you'll end up making great tips if you when hand drying at the end of the wash, on the days they actually assign you to that position)
    --Get to meet some cool people (you'll meet some cool, nice employees/managers who will help you along the way too, but some employees/managers act like you don't exist or can just be rude sometimes or think they're the coolest person ever)
    --Getting days off when the weather is bad (rain, snow, ect...i've only been at Delta for 4 weeks and have learned to savor any days off i have considering how many hours/days i work)

Cons

--very low hourly starting rate for amount of work you do (you start at about $4.95 an hour due to it being a tip-based job, whether they bother sticking you on tip positions alot or not).
    --getting stuck working in the detail shop ALL day is annoying and gets real old, real fast...you barely make tips in there and most of the shop managers/advisors think they're untouchable.
    --Call-in system (you have to call-in at least a half hour before you're scheduled shift to make sure you still need to come in, and most of the time they'll tell you to come in at a later time (a half-hour, hour later, ect, and though i understand they use because of the weather, it gets pretty annoying and inconvenient).
    --you'll come home tired beyond belief if you end up working full-time, and will be in some pain the first 3 or 4 days of working there.
    --extremely picky customers who observe EVERY part of their car and point out what they want you to do again or focus on even though its not necessary.
    -getting only one scheduled day off a week if you choose to work full-time, and by full-time, i mean they will schedule to work more hours than a normal full-time job.
    -Cold (and i'm sure hot as well) weather
    --Management can be forgetful sometimes of what time you came in that day and end up sending you home later than you should've.

--i've only been at Delta Sonic for about a month now and recently had a job interview at Menards and pretty sure i got the job. Once i do, i am getting the hell out of Delta. I can make better, more consistent money working part time at Menards for crying out loud. I am already that tired of this place after a month. I don't know how some people can stand to work here for years on end. Perhaps people who have no plans for their lives excepting working here forever. I bust my ass way too much, for too many hours, too many days a week, to at 4.95 an hour and barely get a chance to get great tips because management for some reason like to stick me in the detail shop 90% of the time and having to call-in before shifts to make sure the weather determines if i work or not. Like i said before, look elsewhere if you want full-time, consistent, long-term work.

---Rotate all Delta Tech employees everyday so everyone can get good amounts of hand-drying time (best position to make the best tips)
    ---Try not keeping one specific person in the Detail Shop ALL day. It gets so tiring and annoying being in the stupid detail shop for 9 hours straight no matter what you're doing in their
    ---give full-time staff more scheduled days off than just one a week...we want lives outside of this place too, especially ones that don't involve us going out afterwards exhausted beyond belief...it practically gets to the point where we PRAY for rainy days just to have off.

There are newer employer reviews for Delta Sonic

Worked for Delta Sonic? Contribute to the Community!