Pros and Cons of employment at Deltek

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Deltek full-time for more than a year

Pros

above average salary and very nice office

Cons

very dynamic environment as it is still growing

Other Reviews for Deltek

Sad to see it go downhill

Former Employee - Engineering  in  Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Engineering in Herndon, VA

I worked at Deltek full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule, great people

Cons

Oh where to begin? I was laid off in the November round (great timing, guys!) and while I was sad to leave, I'm glad I'm gone. Deltek was a good company in it's day, but that day is done. The new management that has taken over doesn't care what you do or what you know, it's how much you cost. We already went through that cycle with New Mountain and it's quarterly layoffs for a few years and it was incredibly depressing.

There's no new development taking place with Costpoint or GCS and I feel sorry for the customers who pay for it. Somewhere there's another company out there ready to take over the market share. It won't happen overnight but it will happen.

All the outsourcing to Makati will come back and bite them. The people are nice but they don't have a work ethic like in the US. The QC estimates are crazy high and it takes them 3 times as long to test something as a US worker does.

No advice...they wouldn't take it anyhow. My advice to current employees is that if you get laid off, there are better companies out there! Take your severance pay and enjoy it.

toxic, finger-pointing environment where egos are more important than professionalism

I have been working at Deltek

Pros

flexible; can work at home

Cons

never know if you'll have a job at the end of the quarter; management gets credit for all employee's work;management lays off staff and hires their own friends as replacements

value people as assets, not your bonus; don't get rid of intellectual capital without understanding how to do a process without those you're letting go

There are newer employer reviews for Deltek.

Worked for Deltek? Contribute to the Community!