Sadly Very Disappointing

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Deltek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice office building. Many good people working hard in the middle.

Cons

When I arrived at Deltek - I was fairly certain Deltek would be my last employer, and I would retire at Deltek. Over the past 5+ years - the company has gone downhill significantly. There is no opportunity for growth despite on-going promises. There is a high degree of favoritism and unequal treatment. Work-Life balance is non-existent. I work every weekend, every evening, and every vacation with no recognition. VP level management behave like pendulums, and you are often left guessing which way the tides will be rolling on any given day. Unclear how we are still in business. Many concerns over the long-term prospects. Budgeting is very strange. There is no money for sales generating activities - yet there is money for random high value expenditures.

Advice to Management

There was some great things happening here when I joined. Take a step back and look at past successes. Get to know the mid-level employee. Listen to them - hear them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good Products but Very Bad Sales Culture

Former Employee - Account Manager in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Herndon, VA

I worked at Deltek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Biggest Player in a Niche Market. Costpoint product is solid but supporting products are outdated and have many holes

Cons

Ego-Centric Sales culture and management style. VP of Sales takes all the credit for deals that are won and is very quick to blame the rep when deals are lost. Very few "new logo" deals are being won and so most reps are making their numbers by trying to manipulate contracts with current customers to extract more money. Customers are getting more and more frustrated and are growing weary of the Deltek's approach. The SaaS strategy is bound to fail once customers realize it will still take 6-9 months to stand up the system with costs to match - hardly the standard for SaaS offerings.

Advice to Management

find a way to establish trust and the sense of "team" within sales by removing opportunities to steal deals and poach territories.

Deltek bought our company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Deltek full-time

Pros

While I was not retained by Deltek, they were very professional in the manner of the acquisition and treated me very professional and fair.

Cons

I was not retained but the reason was reasonable based upon their business model.

Advice to Management

As you continue acquisitions, continue to resolve employment issues promptly and be fair to employees of acquired companies.