Deluxe Corporation

www.deluxe.com

Great business model - Difficult to Execute

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Shoreview, MN

ProsDeluxe has a very strong business model, building on their relationships with small businesses and financial institutions to provide them with new products and services as their traditional products (checks and forms) decline. They are getting into the online marketing space at the right time through a number of key acquisitions. They have some great employees who really want to make this company transformation work.

ConsThe senior leadership team is not equipped to motivate and drive the change needed. The CEO, when brought in, was a super fit for what Deluxe needed at the time: driving a turnaround, cutting costs, streamlining the organization and putting a clearly defined business strategy in place to transform the old check printer.

It is now time for someone to take over that can inspire and motivate change. The current method is through fear and threat. Unrealistic demands on revenue growth without the support and time needed for new businesses are put on new leaders as they are brought in, setting them up for failure. This has unfortunately resulted in declining moral and constant churn at very key leadership positions.

I really liked working at Deluxe, and feel they have a real chance with their strategy. They just need to do some cleaning at the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee my comments above. I would say that leadership needs to change. It could be as simple as replacing the CEO, bring in someone inspiring that gets the digital space. More focus on living up to the culture of Deluxe - one that is connected to both customers and employees; and more aspirational in its reach to move quickly to deliver the value its customers expect.

All is well at Deluxe

Mid Level Management (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation

Pros: Profitable company entrepreneurial spirit Room to grow Cons: Many silos between departments Shared services slow to respond to busines… Advice to Senior Management: Break down silos between business units Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

If you have other options, pursue them.

Manager (Former Employee) Shoreview, MN

I worked at Deluxe Corporation

Pros: 95 percent of the people that work at Deluxe are absolutely fantastic to… Cons: There is a revolving door. Many great people were let go because of constant schisms in upper… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Deluxe Corporation.

Worked for Deluxe Corporation? Contribute to the Community!