There are newer employer reviews for Deluxe Corporation

Extremely frustrating company to work for that has many problems to fix in the coming months/years.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lenexa, KS
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation

Pros

-Decent salary and benefits packages, 401 K match is negligible.
-Vacation days, once you accumulate them.
-Located in the KC Metro area.
-Received a raise when a lot of companies have a freeze.

Cons

-Management, employees, and processes within the company are so disconnected at times it seems no one knows anything.
-More worried about putting money in the bank than providing a meaningful customer experience or working services.
-Advice to customers is beginning to take the cookie cutter approach and will continue to do so.
-No respect for the typical employee from management.
-Absolutely no career ladder.
-Training shoddily thrown together and given by employees who have little to no experience or background in training topics.
-Support can take days, weeks, or even months.

-Could keep writing cons, but don't want this to turn in to a rant.

-Let employees provide candid feedback on systems and processes so we can fix the problems. Scripting out what we are allowed to say, or not say, to management, senior management, and the B.O.D. about our products is not going to fix any of the problems we have with our services.
-It is the little things that matter, and Deluxe is not doing them correctly.

164 Other Employee Reviews for Deluxe Corporation (View Most Recent)

Great business model - Difficult to Execute

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Shoreview, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN

I worked at Deluxe Corporation

Pros

Deluxe has a very strong business model, building on their relationships with small businesses and financial institutions to provide them with new products and services as their traditional products (checks and forms) decline. They are getting into the online marketing space at the right time through a number of key acquisitions. They have some great employees who really want to make this company transformation work.

Cons

The senior leadership team is not equipped to motivate and drive the change needed. The CEO, when brought in, was a super fit for what Deluxe needed at the time: driving a turnaround, cutting costs, streamlining the organization and putting a clearly defined business strategy in place to transform the old check printer.

It is now time for someone to take over that can inspire and motivate change. The current method is through fear and threat. Unrealistic demands on revenue growth without the support and time needed for new businesses are put on new leaders as they are brought in, setting them up for failure. This has unfortunately resulted in declining moral and constant churn at very key leadership positions.

I really liked working at Deluxe, and feel they have a real chance with their strategy. They just need to do some cleaning at the top.

See my comments above. I would say that leadership needs to change. It could be as simple as replacing the CEO, bring in someone inspiring that gets the digital space. More focus on living up to the culture of Deluxe - one that is connected to both customers and employees; and more aspirational in its reach to move quickly to deliver the value its customers expect.

People and customers really matter here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Shoreview, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation

Pros

If you like working on a team with really smart people who collaborate well together, this is a great place to work. Deluxe is the check company. Deluxe is also the company that has all the tools and services and people to help small businesses get their marketing done - create a logo, get a website set up, get traffic to that website, start email marketing, print brochures, flyers, direct mail postcards...We'll do it for you is the new focus. Lots to do; lots of opportunity for growth.

To kick-off a planning meeting 15 execs were asked why they work at Deluxe: #1 great people; high integrity of the company; smart people with low egos; we want to help small businesses succeed; like the challenge of figuring out how to scale helping small businesses with their marketing, one customer at a time.

Cons

A work in progress of transforming the IT infrastructure to support a 360 degree view of the customer. Lots of legacy systems and systems from acquired companies that need to be integrated.

People-centric and consensus-oriented culture = lots of meetings and people involved in decision-making.

Lots of companies acquired with great technology, products/services and people. Need to integrate them so the sum of the parts becomes a meaningful customer benefit.

Keep the culture focused on caring about people and customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Deluxe Corporation

Worked for Deluxe Corporation? Contribute to the Community!