There are newer employer reviews for Deluxe Corporation

Deluxe is a fair and great place to work

Former Employee - Team Manager in Greensboro, NC
Former Employee - Team Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Deluxe Corporation

Pros

promotes from within and great manager

Cons

Frequent overtime with little advance notice

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Extremely frustrating company to work for that has many problems to fix in the coming months/years.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation

Pros

-Decent salary and benefits packages, 401 K match is negligible. -Vacation days, once you accumulate them. -Located in the KC Metro area. -Received a raise when a lot of companies have a freeze.

Cons

-Management, employees, and processes within the company are so disconnected at times it seems no one knows anything. -More worried about putting money in the bank than providing a meaningful customer experience or working services. -Advice to customers is beginning to take the cookie cutter approach and will continue to do so. -No respect for the typical employee from management. -Absolutely no career ladder. -Training shoddily thrown together and given by employees who have little to no experience or background in training topics. -Support can take days, weeks, or even months. -Could keep writing cons, but don't want this to turn in to a rant.

Advice to Management

-Let employees provide candid feedback on systems and processes so we can fix the problems. Scripting out what we are allowed to say, or not say, to management, senior management, and the B.O.D. about our products is not going to fix any of the problems we have with our services. -It is the little things that matter, and Deluxe is not doing them correctly.

2. People and customers really matter here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation

Pros

If you like working on a team with really smart people who collaborate well together, this is a great place to work. Deluxe is the check company. Deluxe is also the company that has all the tools and services and people to help small businesses get their marketing done - create a logo, get a website set up, get traffic to that website, start email marketing, print brochures, flyers, direct mail postcards...We'll do it for you is the new focus. Lots to do; lots of opportunity for growth. To kick-off a planning meeting 15 execs were asked why they work at Deluxe: #1 great people; high integrity of the company; smart people with low egos; we want to help small businesses succeed; like the challenge of figuring out how to scale helping small businesses with their marketing, one customer at a time.

Cons

A work in progress of transforming the IT infrastructure to support a 360 degree view of the customer. Lots of legacy systems and systems from acquired companies that need to be integrated. People-centric and consensus-oriented culture = lots of meetings and people involved in decision-making. Lots of companies acquired with great technology, products/services and people. Need to integrate them so the sum of the parts becomes a meaningful customer benefit.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture focused on caring about people and customers.