Demand Media
www.demandmedia.com Santa Monica, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Okay for beginning writers

Writer (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

ProsThey pay in a timely, reliable manner. Unlike other content providers, they don't expect writers to earn a certain amount before providing a paycheck. If you're just beginning a career as a content writer, this is a decent place to start.

ConsThey have very high standards for low pay. I'm talking about for the general pool of writers. There is a high income bracket for more experienced writers. The amount of available work is ebb and flow. There are times when the queue of available titles is very low or nonexistent.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your writers what they're worth. Keep the flow of available titles consistent.

Start up feel with funding

QA Manager (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

I have been working at Demand Media full-time for less than a year

Pros: While we work for demand, each business unit operates separately like a start up except you aren't… Cons: Mostly just the bs people right online about demand. Otherwise… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

One of the best up and moving online media companies.

Title Selector (Current Employee)
    Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Demand Media as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros: Professional, yet fun and always has their employee's/contractors best interest… Cons: There are no con's to working for Demand Media. Advice to Senior Management: Add more managers to the Title selecting division. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Demand Media.

Worked for Demand Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Demand Media reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Demand Media CEO Shawn Colo . All reviews posted anonymously by Demand Media employees.