Demand Media

www.demandmedia.com

Great Work -- Great People

Freelance Writer & Section Expert (Current Employee) Murphy, TX

ProsFirst, I'm an independent contractor and not an employee -- there are significant differences between the two, as most people know. However, for purposes of this review, Glassdoor provides only two choices: current employee or former employee.

Flexibility and the ability to choose how many hours you want to work or how many hours you need to work are truly the greatest benefits of working with Demand. There's a tremendous amount of pride in producing content from which our readers will benefit. Plus, I was fortunate enough to be invited to do more work for the company -- other than writing.

ConsI don't see any negatives to working for Demand. They're supportive, responsive and helpful whenever you need it. If anything is a "con" maybe it's the uncertainty of a relatively new, publicly traded company. However, its acquisition plans and assessments by those in the finance industry are encouraging.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize talent when you see it and tap independent contractors for permanent roles, since we're familiar with the company's processes and goals.

Extremely Low Pay

Digital Content Writer (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Demand Media as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Time flexibility. Ability to claim yourself as a "published writer". Cons: To research and properly write an article that will make it past the assigned editor, it will take several hours. Most of my articles (decent… Advice to Senior Management: I'm embarrassed to put Demand on my resume. People have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not a lot of work and rates are dismal

Freelance Writer (Former Employee)

I worked at Demand Media as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Make your own schedule Work from home Cons: Did not make enough to keep working there. Editors can be real jerks, sometimes they change and publish the work under your name without your… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the writers. Editors are not God! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Demand Media.

Worked for Demand Media? Contribute to the Community!